Effective Date: August 20, 2012
Our website visitors' privacy and trust are important to us. We provide this notice in order to make sure that your expectations and our practices are aligned, and that you are aware of your choices with regard to our use and disclosure of the information you provide to this site shop.mediasourceinc.com.
• Information obtained when you ("you" or "User") visit websites owned and hosted by Media Source via desktop, laptop, tablet, or mobile device.
• Information obtained through e-mail communications with you related to the Site.
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices..
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We require you to provide certain information about yourself if you register with this Site or request products and services. We also collect information when you participate in contests and surveys and when you respond to requests for feedback.
The information we collect may include information from which you may be personally identified ("Personally Identifiable Information"), such as name, postal address, telephone number, fax number and e-mail address, and certain business information such as employer name, occupation, job function, job title and buying information (e.g., preferences or history). We also will collect credit card and related information when you request a product or service (including, if applicable, registering for the Site) for which there is a charge. This Site only collects Personally Identifiable Information with your knowledge.
When you visit this Site, we may collect the IP address of your computer. We also use automatic data collection technology to record other information that identifies your computer and tracks your behavior on this Site. Methods used to collect this information may include "cookies" and "clear GIFs" (also known as "pixel tags" or "beacons"). A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from a server and stored on your computer's hard drive. Most browsers allow Users to block the receipt of cookies, but doing so may compromise your ability to use certain features of this Site. A clear GIF is a small graphic image, typically used in connection with cookies, that is placed on a web site or in an email message. A clear GIF can monitor certain user behavior, such as your usage of the web site, whether you opened an email message or whether you clicked on a URL in an email message. We do not collect Personally Identifiable Information in this way.
Mobile: When you download or use apps created by Media Source, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services.
How We Use Your Information
We use Personally Identifiable Information collected on this Site for the following purposes:
• To provide you with this Site and other products and services.
• To respond to your inquiries and contact you about changes regarding this Site.
• To provide you with e-mail, fax and other notices (such as expiration and renewal notices) regarding your account and the products or services that you are receiving, and for billing and collection purposes.
• For any other purpose disclosed at the time the information is collected or to which you consent.
We also may use your information to better understand our Users and to improve our Site. For example, we may use this information to determine what portions of this Site are most popular and the demographics of our Users generally. Cookies and other User information also enable us to customize your experience on the Site. We may use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our servers or to administer our Site. We may also use IP addresses to help identify a User during a particular session and to gather data regarding use of this Site.
We may use the information you provide us to send you e-mail, fax and other communications on behalf of Media Source and our affiliates. These communications may include e-mail newsletters, as well as offers for other Media Source services. All email newsletters will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of receiving future issues of the newsletter. All promotional offers will include an opportunity to opt out of receiving future promotions from the brand whose product/service is being promoted, you may also opt-out by logging into your account and checking the appropriate box.
We also may use your information to send you e-mail and other communications on behalf of third parties. Each of these communications will include instructions for opting out of receiving future third party offers from us. You may also opt out of receiving third party offers from this Site at any time by sending an e-mail to email@example.com with the subject line "opt out – third party."
Our Disclosure of Your Information
We will not sell your personal information to third parties. We may disclose aggregated, anonymous statistics about many Users, and individual information that is not Personally Identifiable Information without restriction as long as no individual is identifiable by the information disclosed, and otherwise will not disclose your Personally Identifiable Information except as follows:
• Name and/or business name and title (but not information by which you may be contacted (i.e. name, postal address, telephone number, fax number and e-mail address ) in representative lists of our magazine circulation and/or web site membership, but not for further use or dissemination by the recipient.
• To third parties engaged to provide services under contractual requirement to keep Personally Identifiable Information confidential and use it only to perform the services such as a credit card processor, email service provider, or web and data hosting companies.
• Portions of this Site may be provided as "Premium" or "Sponsored" content. Premium or Sponsored content is made available to Users on the condition that we may share certain of the User's registration information with the Premium or Sponsored content's sponsors and advertisers and/or their service providers. We will always disclose when you are registering or being provided with Premium or Sponsored content.
• To other third parties (and/or to their service providers on their behalf) to market their products or services under contractual requirement to keep Personally Identifiable Information confidential and use it only to market and provide their products or services. You may opt out of such disclosures by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: "do not disclose."
• To any successor pursuant to an asset sale, merger, consolidation, restructuring, reorganization, liquidation or other similar transaction involving Media Source, or this Site. You will be notified via email and/or prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
• When we believe such disclosure is required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process, regulation or securities exchange requirement or for the protection of persons or property. When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
• When disclosure is necessary to accomplish the purpose for which you provide it.
We use reasonable safeguards to protect Personally Identifiable Information we collect on this Site from unauthorized access, use, modification or disclosure. However, due to the design of the Internet and other factors outside of our control, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and our servers will be free from unauthorized access by third parties.
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts personal and sensitive information you input. We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Right to Access and Change Information
You may view, delete inaccuracies, and update information that you previously submitted to this Site by visiting the My Account section on http://shop.mediasourceinc.com, or which you submitted to request a print publication, by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. However, a request to change information may not be accommodated if the request would conflict with legal requirements or result in incorrect information. Requests to view or change personal information may take 24 hours to process.
You can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such features. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
If you do not want us to use personal information that we gather to allow third parties to personalize advertisements we display to you, please adjust your eNewsletter preferences in the My Account section on http://shop.mediasourceinc.com
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit our site(s), your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of New York. If you have any concern about privacy at Media Source, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it.
This Site is operated by:
Media Source, Inc
160 Varick St, 11th Fl.
New York, NY 10013